Associate Dean of Engineering & Professor (July 1, 2007 - present)
Chair & Professor of Mechanical Engineering (January 1, 2002 - May 31, 2007)
FELLOW of American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME)
Editor-in-Chief, Int. J. of Intelligent Systems in Engineering (March 2011 - Present)
Keynote Speakers of SIX International Conferences (in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015)
Member of Tau Beta Pi Honors Society (inducted as an Eminent Engineer)
2009 Cleveland Engineering Society Leadership Award
2009 Merit Recognition Award for Administrative Faculty
2008 Merit Recognition Award for Administrative Faculty
2007 Information Literacy Award
RECENT EXTERNAL FUNDING (since 1992 due to page limit)
1. $293,500 funded by Ohio Board of Regents for a project entitled ¿Additive Manufacturing Instructional and Training Laboratory¿, a Workforce Development Equipment and Facility grant, April 11, 2014 (Proposal co-author).
2. $90,000 funded by Rockwell Automation for a project entitled ¿Industrial
Internship Experience at Rockwell Automation¿, July 2012 & July 2013 (PI).
3. $60,000 funded by Rockwell Automation for a project entitled ¿Industrial
Internship Experience at Rockwell Automation¿, August 2011 (PI).
4. $30,000 funded by Rockwell Automation for a project entitled ¿Industrial Internship Experience at Rockwell Automation¿ sponsored by Rockwell Automation for, August 2010 (PI).
5. $921,244 sponsored by NSF for a project entitled ¿Institutions Developing Excellence in Academic Leadership (IDEAL)¿, Oct. 2009 ¿ Sep. 2013. CWRU was the lead institution (Proposal Co-Author & Project Co-Director).
6. $30,000 for a project entitled ¿Fenn Research and Development Institute (FRDI) Service Learning Program¿ was sponsored by Rockwell Automation for, August 2009 (Co-PI).
7. $474,700 funded by Ohio Board of Regent for a project entitled ¿Engineering across the Pipeline¿, in March 2009 for five years (Proposal Co-Author & Co-PI).
8. $23.8 million funded by Ohio¿s Third Frontier for establishing Wright Center for Sensor Systems Engineering (WCSSE), which included $7 million Electronic Packaging Facility, December 2006 (Proposal Co-Author & Faculty Advisor for the Electronic Packaging facility).
9. $140,000 grant funded by NASA Glenn Research Center, Jan. 2000 through Jan. 2003. Project entitled ¿Development of a Fast Analysis Tool for the International Space Station (ISS) Using Soft Computing Techniques¿ (PI).
$102,000 grant funded by NASA Lewis Research Center, March 1997 & renewed in May 1998. Project entitled ¿Development of an Optimized Multidisciplinary System Design Tool Using Taguchi Techniques and Neural Networks¿ (PI).
11. $15,000 grant funded by Wright-Patterson Air Force, June, 1996. Project entitled ¿Image Analysis for Dynamic Testing of F-16 Bias and Radial Tire Deformation¿ (PI).
12. $25,000 grant funded by Air Force Offices of Scientific Research Program, December, 1994. Project entitled "Three Dimensional Deformation Comparison between Bias and Radial Aircraft Tires Using Optical Techniques" (PI).
13. $20,000 grant funded by Wright-Patterson Air Force, July, 1994. Project entitled "Three Dimensional Geometry Determination of Aircraft Tire Deformation: Equipment & Technique" (PI).
14. $24,500 grant funded by Wright-Patterson Air Force through NASA Lewis Center, September, 1992. Project entitled "A System to Measure Dynamic Displacements and Strains in Rotating Structures" (PI).
Intelligent System Monitoring; Fault Diagnosis; Vehicle Dynamics and Control; Optical Inspection; Engineering Optimization
International Journal of Intelligent Systems in Engineering (IJISE)
2009 IEEE/ASME Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM)
International Journal of Computational Intelligence Research and Applications (IJCI