|Clinical Chemistry, Mass Spectrometry, Inborn Errors of Metabolism, Metabolomics, induced stem cells derived cardiomyocytes (iPSCM), Barth syndrome, Cardiomyopathy|
Postdoctoral fellowship, Nutritional Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University, 2009
|Creative and Activities:|
|MENTORED GRADUATE STUDENTS:
Rohan R. Shah Ph.D.(Graduated 2021)
Erica M. Fatica Ph.D. (Graduated 2019)
Ryan W.Pearce Ph.D. candidate
Jillian Kodger Ph.D.candidate
Igor Radzikh Ph.D. candidate
Alisha House Ph.D. candidate
PEER REVIEWED CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS:
1. Radzikh. I, Fatica. E and Sandlers.Y (2019) Dodecanoic acid treatment in VLCAD fibroblasts. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism, July 2019, 127 (3), page 295
2. Fatica.E and Sandlers Y (2018). Investigating cardiac energy metabolism in Barth Syndrome using iPS-CM. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism March 2018, 229
3. Fatica.E and Sandlers.Y (2018). Modeling Barth Syndrome Cardiac Phenotype with iPS-CM. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. March 2018, 229-230
4. Fatica. E and Sandlers.Y (2018). Barth syndrome- probing cardiac metabolism with stable isotope tracers in iPSCM model. RCSIRM Metabolomics Symposium Program, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY.
5. Fatica. E and Sandlers.Y (2018). Unraveling new therapeutic targets in iPSCM model of Barth syndrome. Barth Syndrome Medical and Scientific Conference. Clearwater, FL.
6. A.Allawy; S.Dharmvir; T.Cynthia; Shah.Rohan R.; A.K.Alsabbagh; O'Shea, Robert; McCullough, A. J.; D.Jaividhya; D.i, Gangarao; Sandlers, Yana; Dasarathy. S Serum tricaboxylic acid cycle intermediates: potential biomarker for hyperammonemic metabolic dysregulation in human cirrhosis. Hepatology (2017)
7. L-leucine supplementation reserves hyperammonemia induced skeletal muscle mitochondrial dysfunction A.Allawy; Kumar, A.; Shah, R. R.; Alchirazi, K.; Sandlers, Y.; Davuluri, G.; Dasarathy, S. Hepatology (2017)
8. Development of combined LC-MS/MS analysis for citric acid cycle intermediates, acylcarnitines and amino acids. (2017). R.Shah., A.House., E.Fatica and Y.Sandlers. American Society for Mass Spectrometry.
10. Cataplerosis of a ketoglutarate during skeletal muscle hyperammonemia contributes to impaired TCA cycle intermediates. Allawy, A.; Davuluri, G.; Kumar, Avinash; Singh, D.; Raghunathan, S.; Shah, R. R.; Sandlers, Y.; Kasumov, T.; Dasarathy, S. Hepatology (2015)
11. H.Vernon, R.Thompson, B.DeCroes, R.McClellan, K.Mercier, W.Pathmasiri.S.Dhungana J.Carlson, S.McRitchie, S.Sumer and Y.Sandlers (2015) Clinical, molecular and metabolomics studies reveal targets for therapy and new mechanisms of pathology in Barth syndrome. American Society of Human Genetics meeting. Baltimore, MD.
12. Sanders Y. A.Moser, W.Hubbard, R.Jones, L.Kratz and G.Raymond (2011) Combined extraction of acylcarnitines and lyso phosphatidylcholine from dried blood spots. Prospective newborn screening for X-linked adenoleukodystrophy. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. March 2011/ special issue
MENTORED STUDENTS PRESENTATIONS:
1. (2018) Igor Radzikh, Rohan Shah, Erica M. Fatica, Ryan Pearce. ¿Dodecanedioic acid treatment in VLCAD fibroblasts¿. McNair Scholars Program presentation.
2. (2016) Alisha House ¿Biochemical characterization of iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes as a model of Barth syndrome¿ College of Sciences and Health Professions research day. Cleveland, OH
3. (2015) Kylin Emhoff and N.Velingkaar. ¿A development of GCMS method investigating amino acids levels in mouse plasma and their significance to the circadian clock¿. College of Sciences and Health Professions research day. Cleveland, OH
4. (2015) Rohan Shah. ¿Determination of citric cycle intermediates by GCMS-application for metabolic conditions that involve mitochondrial dysfunction¿ Cleveland State University¿interdisciplinary research conference¿
5. (2015) Alisha House ¿Study Design: Biochemical Characterization of iPSC-derived Cardiomyocytes as a Model of Barth Syndrome¿. Cleveland State¿interdisciplinary research conference¿
6. (2015) E.Fatica ¿Urinary 5-HIAA levels in Barth Syndrome Patients¿. Cleveland State¿interdisciplinary research conference.