1. NB Holland, Y Qiu, M Ruegsegger & RE Marchant, "Biomimetic Engineering of Non-Adhesive Glycocalyx-Like Surfaces Using Oligosaccharide Surfactant Polymers," Nature 392:799-801 (1998).
2. NB Holland, M Ruegsegger & RE Marchant, "Alkyl Group Dependence of the Surface-Induced Assembly of Nonionic Disaccharide Surfactants," Langmuir 14:2790-2795 (1998).
3. NB Holland, CA Siedlecki & RE Marchant, "Intermolecular Force Mapping of Platelet Surfaces on Collagen Substrata," J Biomed Mater Res 45:167-174 (1999).
4. Y Qiu, NB Holland, M Ruegsegger & RE Marchant, "Biomimetic Surface Engineering: Synthesis and Surface Induced Assembly of Novel Oligosaccharide Surfactants," ACS Symp Ser 736:180-193 (1999).
5. NB Holland & RE Marchant, "Individual Plasma Proteins Detected on Rough Biomaterials by Phase Imaging AFM," J Biomed Mater Res 51:307-315 (2000).
6. Z Xu, NB Holland & RE Marchant, "Conformations of Short-Chain Polyethylene Oxide Lipopolymers at the Air-Water Interface: A Combined Film Balance and Surface Tension Study," Langmuir, 17:377-383 (2001).
7. NB Holland, Z Xu, K Vacheethasanee & RE Marchant, "The Structure of Polyethylene Oxide) Surfactant Polymers at Air-Water and Solid-Water Interfaces," Macromolecules, 34:6424-6430 (2001).
8. M Seitz, T Hugel, NB Holland, & HE Gaub, "Single Molecule Force Spectroscopy by AFM-Related Techniques," in Nanotechnology Towards Organic Photonics, Ed. H. Sasabe, GOOTech Ltd:Chitose, Japan (2002).
9. T Hugel, NB Holland, A Cattani, L Moroder, M Seitz & HE Gaub, "Single Molecule Opto-Mechanical Cycle," Science 296:1103-1106 (2002).
10. NB Holland, T Hugel, G Neuert, A Cattani-Scholz, C Renner, D Oesterhelt, L Moroder, M Seitz & HE Gaub, "Single Molecule Force Spectroscopy of Azobenzene Polymers: Switching Elasticity of Single Photochromic Macromolecules", Macromolecules, 36:2015-2023 (2003).
11. NB Holland, Y Nishimiya, S Tsuda & FD Sönnichsen, "Activity of a Two-Domain Antifreeze Protein Is Not Dependent on Linker Sequence," Biophys J, 92:541-546 (2007).
12. NB Holland, Y Nishimiya, S Tsuda & FD Sönnichsen, "Two Domains of RD3 Antifreeze Protein Diffuse Independently," Biochemistry, 47:5935-5941 (2008).
13. Ö Can & NB Holland, "Modified Langmuir Isotherm for a Two-Domain Adsorbate: Derivation and Application to Antifreeze Proteins," J Colloid Interfacial Sci 329:24-30 (2009).
14. A Ghoorchian, JT Cole & NB Holland, "Thermo-Reversible Micelle Formation Using a Three-Armed Star Elastin-Like Polypeptide," Macromolecules 43:4340-4345 (2010).
15. Ö Can & NB Holland, "Conjugation of Type I Antifreeze Protein to Polyallylamine Increases Thermal Hysteresis Activity," Bioconjugate Chemistry 22:2166-2171 (2011).
16. A Ghoorchian & NB Holland, "Molecular Architecture Influences the Thermally Induced Aggregation Behavior of Elastin-Like Polypeptides," Biomacromolecules 12:4022-4029 (2011).
17. A Ghoorchian, K Vandemark, K Freeman, S Kambow, NB Holland & KA Streletzky, ¿Size and Shape Characterization of Thermoreversible Micelles of Three-Armed Star Elastin-Like Polypeptides,¿ J Phys Chem B 117:8865-8874 (2013).
18. Ö Can & NB Holland, "Utilizing avidity to improve antifreeze protein activity: Type III antifreeze protein trimer exhibits increased thermal hysteresis," Biochemistry 52:8745-8752 (2013).
19. JT Cole & NB Holland, "Multifunctional Nanoparticles for Use in Theranostic Applications," Drug Delivery and Translational Research 5:295-309 (2015).
20. LA Ferreira, JT Cole, C Reichardt, NB Holland, VN Uversky & BY Zaslavsky, ¿Solvent Properties of Water in Aqueous Solutions of Elastin-like Polypeptide,¿ International J Molecular Sciences 16:13528-13547 (2015).
21. B Kracke, JT Cole, CJO Kaiser, B Hellenkamp, S Krysiak, A Ghoorchian, GB Braun, NB Holland & T Hugel, "Thermoswitchable Nanoparticles Based on Elastin-like Polypeptides," Macromolecules 48:5868¿5877 (2015).
22. K Vogele, J List, G Pardatscher, NB Holland, FC Simmel & T Pirzer, "A Self-Assembled Active Plasmonic Waveguide with a Peptide-based Thermo-Mechanical Switch," ACS Nano 10:11377-11384 (2016).